Gov. Cox says he plans to vote for Trump, offers former president support
Jul 19, 2024, 12:42 PM | Updated: 6:23 pm

FILE: Gov. Spencer Cox speaks during the PBS Utah Governor's Monthly News Conference in Salt Lake City on Aug. 17, 2023. (Laura Seitz, Deseret News)
(Laura Seitz, Deseret News)
Listen at 7:05 p.m.:
SALT LAKE CITY — In a reversal of his statements last week, Gov. Spencer Cox said he would vote for former President Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election. Cox made the statement on Friday during his monthly press conference.
During his statements to the media, Cox addressed a private letter he had sent to Trump following the former president’s assassination attempt. The letter, which was first reported on by the Deseret News, expressed support for Trump and expressed Cox’s confidence that the former president would win the election.